In our latest video Chris Wall and Ricky Stoddart, founders of Koi Talk magazine, sit down for an in-depth, unscripted conversation to discuss all things Koi and to set straight a few myths from the industry.
As well as founding Koi Talk magazine, Ricky is also the Managing Director of Koi Wholesale, the UK’s leading wholesaler of quality Japanese Koi which celebrated its 10th anniversary earlier this year. With his unique position, Ricky shares his honest thoughts on a number of topics including the price of Koi, the difference between male and female Koi, and his opinions on Koi food to name just a few of the topics discussed.
This feature-length video is over an hour and a half long. Pull up a comfy chair, sit back and relax, and listen in to Chris and Ricky’s conversation to experience a level of Koi knowledge that you’re not going to hear anywhere else.
Do you know someone that is an avid Koi hobbyist?
Then why not treat them to a Christmas present they’ll love with our multipack of issues 1-6 of Koi Talk magazine, the UK’s only monthly, printed magazine, dedicated to Koi.
Priced at just £24.95 including postage it’s a fantastic gift! What’s more, we’ll even include a special one-off discount code to get their first subscription copy of the magazine completely FREE of charge!
Order before Wednesday 15 December to ensure delivery in-time for Christmas 2021.
Want to know more about what’s in each magazine?
- A beginner’s guide to water testing
- Beni Kikokuryu appreciation
- An intimate look at one of Niigata’s largest and best breeders
- One to one interview with the owner of a stunning Koi pond
- Mechanical filtration: The drum filter
- The beginner’s guide to buying Koi
- Goshiki appreciation
- Biological filtration – The moving bed
- One to one interview with a Koi obsessed father and son combo
- All you need to know about blanket weed
- The beginner’s guide to Koi appreciation
- Kikusui appreciation
- Azukari – Is it worth it?
- Pond visit with Andy Corrie
- Pump efficiency
- Parasites: How to identify and what to do
- Showa appreciation
- Maximising growth
- An interview with Kodama Koi Farm
- Stress in Koi
- Pond design tips from the professionals
- Kujaku appreciation
- The Japanese selection process
- Koi breeding in the UK
- Understanding the swim bladder
- Handling your Koi like a pro
- Shusui appreciation
- Male Koi – pay attention!
- Do it once, do it right! Koi pond visit in Hertfordshire
- The science behind UVC units
In issue 7 (October 2021) of Koi Talk magazine we published an article by Sam Norley, General Manager at Cuttlebrook Koi Farm focussing on feeding live food to Koi fry.
Continue reading Live Food: An Essential For Koi Fry?￼
Several years ago Chris Wall from Koi Talk was trawling the internet, looking at Koi videos, and he came across a Doitsu Showa that stopped him in his tracks.
Continue reading An Interview with Jos Aben: Award-Winning European Koi Breeder
In the upcoming September issue (issue 6) of Koi Talk, Ricky Stoddart delves into opinions on why male Koi fish are often a better purchase. If you can’t wait for your magazine to land in your letterbox here’s a taste of the article!
Continue reading Male Koi – Pay Attention!
The swim bladder is a simple yet complex organ that is absolutely vital to the wellbeing of our Koi.
Continue reading Koi Swim Bladder Treatment
Have you heard about Koi Talk magazine but haven’t actually seen a copy yet so aren’t certain if you should subscribe?
Continue reading Want to See Koi Talk Magazine?
From customer feedback we’ve heard that the large majority of our readers are delighted with the magazine and we’ve received lots of positive feedback, with quotes including:
Continue reading Listening to Our Customers
We’d like to say a big thank you to James the Koi Whisperer for including Koi Talk magazine on one of his YouTube videos recently.
Continue reading Featured on YouTube